Wednesday 18 July 2012

Goal #1 - Lose 10kg by Christmas

I'm feeling quite productive today. I sat down and made a slightly more comprehensive list of my goals for the year. As you know, the first one is to lose weight. My current weight (eek!) is 81kg. Now, I've figured out that 10kg by Christmas averages out to around 0.5kg a week - quite achievable if I'm a good girl at least 90 percent of that time :p Going by this idea, I've made a list of "mini-goals" to achieve along the way, and keep me motivated aswell.

My Mini Goals

25 August: 79kg
25 September: 77kg
25 October: 75kg
25 November: 73kg
25 December: 71kg


As you can see, I've made the "goal days" the 25th of each month since the whole point of this is 10kg by Christmas, and using the same day of each month just makes it seem... neater somehow. And I'm weird like that. So on the 25th of each month I will check in here on my blog and record my progress, whether I've reached my goal for that month and what-not.

Diet & Exercise

How do I intend to achieve this, you ask? With a healthy diet and regular exercise (ie. the proper way). I hate using the word "diet" because of the image it portrays - food deprivation, constant hunger, eating salad when you really want a burger - but it's the easiest way to refer to changes to your eating pattern. I really REALLY love food, eating is one of my favourite things to do, so clearly diets don't work for me. My version of a diet is eating healthy food, paying attention to what I'm putting into my body, and if I want a treat, great! I just make sure I go for the healthiest version of what I want. After doing this consciously for a while it will become a habit and I won't even need to think about it. Now, I didn't need to sit down and work my diet out, because I have already been extensively planning our meals in advance and gradually switching to healthy treats & snacks, so that's one thing already out of the way. Awesome.


Exercise, however... this needs some work, lol. But I have a plan. For the rest of July I will be doing a walk of at least 30 minutes a day/ 5 days a week, with weekends off. From the beginning of August, I am going to be following an exercise plan that I found somewhere (I believe it may have been Pinterest). It has a workout for every day Monday- Thursday, then on Friday it's choose your own, and again with weekends off. Here are the plans:






Just a couple of warnings on this though if you're planning on doing it. Monday, the reverse curls - these are quite dangerous as you can cause yourself a back injury, it's recommended to lift one foot at a time, and keep the other flat on the floor with your knee bent. Wednesday, shoulder presses - these are very dangerous also, and you shouldn't do these at all. Stay safe people!


So that's just the beginning of the plan, it'll give me a pretty good start :) I could write more, but there's dishes to be done and an aching head to rest.


Until Tomorrow...


KimmyBear xx

1 comment:

  1. You're further on track than I am!! I haven't worked out my mini goals yet. WOOO KIMMY! The plan sounds fantastic! And 0.5kg a week is perfectly achievable! I'll be here to poke you with a stick keeping you on track :p I'm watching you wazowski...alwaaaays watching. MUWAHAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete