Friday 20 July 2012

Goal #2 - Awesome Hair

I am going to refer to this goal as the "Awesome Hair Plan" for now, just because it has a bit of a ring to it, and I'm not feeling very inventive today. My hair has been short for around 6 & a half years now, and though I love it short (so easy to style and maintain) I need a change. I've tried growing it before but always end up getting frustrated and chopping it off. Well, not this time! This time it's going to happen, I'm determined!


Now, I even planned all this out, because apparently I've become obsessed with planning. Firstly, for hair to grow nice and quickly it needs to be kept healthy. So mine is going to be super healthy. I had been dying my hair black, but the chemical dyes just kill it slowly and horribly so I've switched back to Henna Dye. I LOVE Henna Dye! I can get awesome colour, and it even makes my hair HEALTHIER! What could be better? Well, admittedly, the colour range is very limited if you want to keep it all natural, but lucky for me I love red hair! I use the "Red" colour from www.hennahut.com and it makes my hair lovely and shiny. I can't wait til all the black has grown out and I'm back to having all red hair again!


The next thing for keeping hair amazingly healthy is this stuff:



This is Moroccan Oil, and I'm telling you this is the best shit in the universe for hair. You only need the tiniest amount, so even though it's a tad expensive, it lasts for ages and is well worth it.


So that's my 2 favourite hair products out of the way. I haven't had time today to do all the research, but my next mission is to buy a heap of hair accessories to make my hair prettier while its growing through those awkward stages. Luckily, I already have some beautiful bows and flowers made by the lovely Tash over at http://quirkycraftingshmooglebean.blogspot.com.au/, but I could probably use some more. Also, I'll be frantically collecting pictures of hairstyles that I like, to give to the hairdresser. I'll post some ideas here in the next couple of days, and you can tell me what you think!

That's about it from me today, except to say I can't wait to have awesome hair and be even more awesome than I already am (I'm humble too) :p



Until Next Time

KimmyBear xx

2 comments:

  1. HOLY CRAP I love Moroccan Oil, I have a curly hair cream from when I had my perm and even though I've lost my curls, I still use it for the amazing moisture and heat protect stuff in it. And it smells uber yummy :D
    I was going to cut my hair short, but now I'm conflicted.... hmmmmm this may require some thought.

    Can't wait to see what your hair plans are chicky!!!! And I has lots of tutorials and Pinterest links for pretty hair doodads, you're welcome to stalk them :p
    CRAFT MODE ENGAGE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Moroccan Oil is the bomb! My hair is naturally wavy/curly/out of control, and the oil is the only product that's actually made it behave.

      I'm sure I will go and lurk around your Pinterest for a while, get some ideas :)

      Delete